- Reefer containers operate on 460/480 volts (V), 3 phases
- The units can run on 50 or 60Hz
- The power supply should be grounded with a 30 amp minimum circuit breaker. The 460V machinery main circuit breaker will trip at 29 amps
Plugs & Receptacles
- The reefer container includes a 460V power cable which is approximately 50 ft in length
- Also included with the reefer machinery is an ISO standard quick connect weatherproof 32 amp male plug
Option 1 – Plug & Receptacles
Use male quick connect plug included with the reefer and purchase a separate receptacle. Wall mount receptacle options are available as well. We recommend using this type of power connection if the refrigeration unit will be connected and disconnected frequently from the source.
Option 2 – Hard wiring
Remove male quick connect plug, and direct wire/connect to power source.
North American standard commercial/industrial building voltages are typically 208V and 600V. These two standard entrance voltages are not supported by reefer containers and will require either a step-down or step-up transformer. The transformer is required to convert the voltage to 460V to operate the refrigeration unit.
A step-down transformer can be provided directly by ATS Containers on the purchase or rental of a refrigerated container. It can also be supplied directly by a certified electrician.