- PaintPainting a used container can enhance the aesthetic appearance and help prolong its useful life. Select from a wide range of RAL or pantone paint colors or provide a paint swatch for a custom color match.
- DecalThe addition of customer logos to a shipping container can increase site visibility and help build brand awareness.
- Roll up doorsThe installation of roll up doors increases the functionality of the storage container by increasing the number and width of accessibility.
- Insulated garage doorsInsulated garage doors offer an alternative for insulated containers that require additional side or front wall access.
- Industrial man doorIndustrial grade man doors installations provide a secure, weather-resistant entrance to the container and can provide improved entry access.
- WindowsWindows are custom installed on the walls of the container to increase visibility inside or outside to the job site while providing natural light.
- Insulation optionsVarious insulation options such as styrofoam and plywood or urethane spray foam insulation can better control the interior temperature fluctuations by increasing the R factor of the container.
- Electrical installationsStandard electrical kits include the most commonly requested electrical installations. All electrical work including custom layouts, are completed by certified electricians and CSA approved components.
- VentilationVentilation solutions vary with the objective of increasing the airflow in the container to reduce humidity and condensation from forming. Standard container vents or motorized ventilation available.
- Partition wallsPartition walls can better compartmentalize the interior of the container to meet specific storage needs. Solutions range from steel or wood partitions to custom partitions such as mesh, and other options.
- Speciality flooringCustom flooring options are available to enhance durability, provide anti-slip protection and a cleaner appearance. Options include steel diamond plate flooring, polyurethane lining and other custom options.
- Retention panRetention pans are installed in shipping containers to assist in containing spills or collect liquids draining during storage. Container retention pans are installed to specification with or without a steel grate.
- Custom container sizesContainers can be modified to custom container lengths that do not confirm to ISO standards for specialized applications or tight space constraints.
- Shelving & RackingIndustrial strength shelving kits can enhance container storage. Custom storage shelving systems and racking are also available improve storage efficiency and functionality for specific applications.
Offering Custom Container Modifications for All Sizes
Custom container modifications have been increasingly popular in recent years as industries and individuals are realizing the full potential of upcycling shipping containers. Our units provide a durable, secure, economical and mobile base for many projects. ATS has a team of professionals available to help design and execute our client’s vision. Whether modifications are kept to a minimum with custom paint, or extensive to include industrial man doors or roll up doors, windows, electrical outfitting, etc we can provide the custom mobile storage solution you need.
Custom container paint can improve the appearance of any sea can and can also help prolong its useful life. Clients can select from universal paint color charts such as RAL or Pantone or provide us with custom paint colors to ensure a perfect match. Some clients will further customize their sea container by installing custom logos and decals to brand their container with their corporate identity.
One of the most popular modifications requested are the addition of roll up doors or industrial man doors. These provide additional access points at any location on the container. Steel roll up doors are lightweight, secure and improve the loading capability of the sea can. The industrial man doors are installed to improve individual access and provide a secure entrance point without opening the original container barn doors.
Insulation is often requested by clients who require a temperature controlled storage environment. Insulation R value can vary greatly depending on the extent of insulation required. Anything as basic as plywood & styrofoam insulation, to insulated panels, to spray foam urethane can be an option that fits within a project budget and application.
Electrical installations can add anything from basic lighting options, outlets, heat and air conditioning to more complex 600V entrances with transformers or even more advanced applications. All electrical work is completed by certified electricians with CSA approved materials to guarantee the quality and safety of the work performed. Inquire with one of our modification specialists in Montreal or Toronto for our basic electrical packages for 20’ or 40’ containers.